Nomination Deadline: November 1st
The objective of the CAN-AM Civil Engineering Amity Award is to give recognition to those civil engineers who have made outstanding and unusual contributions toward the advancement of professional relationships between the civil engineers of the United States of America and Canada. This award was established by ASCE in April 1972 by the initiative and endowment of James A. Vance, Hon.M.ASCE.
- 2020: Aaron D. Dotson, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Candidates must be in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Each Section and Branch of ASCE shall be entitled to enter the name of one nominee annually. The CSCE shall also be invited to nominate an individual who meets the criteria for the award. These names, and supporting documents, will be referred to the Award Selection Committee.
- The annual recommendation as to the recipient, if any, of this award shall be made by the Awards Committee of the Cold Regions Engineering Division and approved by the ASCE Executive Committee.
- 1 award may be presented each year unless the achievement upon which the award is based is considered to be the contribution of more than 1 person. No one shall receive the honor, or any portion thereof, more than once.
- The award shall consist of a medal and cash prize determined annually by and subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the ASCE Board of Direction based on the income from the award endowment. If the award is presented for a group accomplishment, the lead recipient shall receive the medal and cash prize. All other recipients shall receive only a certificate.
- The award shall be presented at an appropriate meeting of ASCE or at a national convention of the Canadian Society for Civil Engineering (CSCE) if the recipient resides in Canada and is a member of CSCE. The presentation shall be made at an appropriate general function conducted during the course of such convention.
To nominate, submit the following:
- A cover letter, signed by the nominator
- An Official Award Nomination form (PDF)
- The nominee's CV or biographical information
- 2or 3 letters of recommendation (max)
You can submit your nomination electronically to [email protected], or by mail to:
ASCE Honors and Awards
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, VA 20191